Sunday, July 14, 2013

Junning Huang

Salvation Testimony (July 14, 2013)

Before I became a Christian, I used to listen to my mom and she told me what kinds of gods there are.  She said that Buddhism is a great thing and that believing Buddha as your god will be able to make you into a perfect person, bring you to heaven, and things like that.  I used to go to Buddhist temples or houses where people would bow down to worship Buddha.  Like many other people there, I also burned incense, bowed down, and worshipped Buddha.
Then, I came to church because my mom's friend and her son invited me to church.  At church, I learned from the bible that there is only one true God and this one true God is three persons in one – God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit.  The bible says in 1 Corinthians 8:6 that "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live, and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, whom all things came and through whom we live."  Our Lord Jesus Christ is God who is the source of life.  The bible also says we are all sinners.  Our sins separate us from God and lead us into eternal death.  But I believe the words of God that says Jesus Christ died on the cross to save me from my sin.  I believe and accept Jesus Christ as my God and Savior.  Jesus Christ washes away my sins, leads me into salvation and gives me eternal life.  I will be in heaven with Him one day.  God loves me and shows His love by giving Jesus Christ His son to be crucified so that I could be saved.  In John 3:16, it says, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." I accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.
So after I believe in Jesus Christ, I start to go to church every Friday and Sunday.  I believe in Jesus instead of Buddha. To show that I believe in Jesus Christ as my God and Savior, I do not wear the Buddhist necklace anymore, and I do not go to those temples, but I only listen to God's words—the bible.  My classmates who are atheists would always ask me why I believe in Jesus Christ, and I respond by saying that Jesus is the only one true God.  He was the creator of the world. He died on the cross for my sins.  I would feel good after explaining this.  This is how I come to believe in Jesus Christ.
Today I give my testimony and receive baptism.  As the bible says, “Don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?  We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of Father, we too may live a new life.”  (Romans 6:3-4)
I would like to share with you some scripture passages that encourage me:   
(Ezekiel 3:10) And he said to me, "Son of man, listen carefully and take to heart all the words I speak to you.
(Luke 10:27) He answered: "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself. "

(John 3:16)  For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment